Register a New Student Organization
Definition of a Student Organization
- A student organization is a group of at least six UGA students joined together for a common purpose.
- General membership may be comprised of both full- and part-time UGA students.
- At least two members must be officers.
- Only full-time students may serve as officers.
- Full-time enrollment is defined as:
- Graduate: 9 or more credit hours per semester
- Undergraduate: 12 or more credit hours per semester
New Organization Registration Process
Step 1: Search the Involvement Network to ensure the organization does not already exist.
Step 2: Review the Student Organization Manual to gain an understanding of resources, policies, and procedures relevant to leaders of student organizations.
Step 3: The student who will serve as the chief officer and primary contact for the organization must complete all required training by watching the four training videos and completing the corresponding training quizzes with 100% correct answers. Registration will be denied for organizations whose primary contact has not completed the mandatory training modules with 100% correct answers.
Step 4: After completing the required training. The chief officer/primary contact can submit registration for the organization via the Involvement Network. Registration can be accessed by following these steps.
- Log in to the Involvement Network (involve.uga.edu) with your UGA MyID and password.
- Select "Organizations" from the top menu bar
- After searching to see that your organization does not already exist, select the "Register an Organization" button
- If your organization has been registered at UGA in the past but did not register for the 2017-2018 academic year, contact the Center for Student Activities & Involvement to unfreeze your organization's previous page.
- If this is the first time your organization is being registered at UGA, scroll past the Re-Register Existing search and select the blue "Register a New Organization" button.
Step 5: The status of your organization's registration will be communicated through the Involvement Network. If registration is denied, please complete the required changes and re-submit until approval is granted.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Center for Student Activities and Involvement at (706) 542-6396 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Registration Information
- Official name and acronym (if applicable). Student organization names may not begin with “The” or “UGA.” Organizations with University trademarks (University of Georgia, UGA, Dawgs, etc.) in the name must upload the completed approval form for the use of trademarks within the registration form.
- Organization description & organization description summary
- Organization contact information. Under "Street Address," ensure that you list an on-campus address where you can receive mail. If you don't have an on-campus address, you may request a mailbox by listing the address as "102 Tate Student Center, Athens, GA, 30602"
- Primary contact information including UGA email address. This should be the individual who completes the required training and is currently listed as the Primary Contact for the organization.
- General information includes meeting day and time, number of members, number of leadership positions, signature events, and financial obligations of membership.
- Profile picture for the Involvement Network. Profile pictures including University trademarks must upload the completed approval for the use of trademarks in their profile picture.
- Organizations may select between 2-5 organizational interests.
- Organizations must select “All Student Organizations” and may select up to three additional organization categories. This information is used in the search function of the Involvement Network.
- Organization roster must include at least six UGA student members and their UGA email addresses. The secondary and tertiary contacts must be officers of the organization. Officers must be students enrolled full-time at UGA. Rosters are used to populate members eligible to make campus reservations on behalf of the organization.
- Advisor information is only required if the organization has an advisor.
- Constitution articles indicate the location of required components of your organization’s constitution. This includes the non-discrimination clause, elections procedure, officer removal procedure, quorum, and amendments procedure. Click here to view a sample constitution.
- Upload your organization’s constitution titled, “[Organization Name] Constitution 2018-2019.”
- Be sure to click “Submit” on the final page of the form
- Please read any and all e-mails regarding your registration carefully, as changes may be requested.
- You can check your organization’s status by clicking your name (located in the upper right-hand corner of the Involvement Network homepage), choosing "Involvement" on the drop-down menu, and selecting “Submissions” then “Organization Registrations”
- Registration for the 2018-2019 academic year is not approved until all required registration information is received and an approval letter is sent via the Involvement Network.