Re-register an Existing Organization
Re-registration will be open April 18, 2018 – June 30, 2018. Failure to register by this deadline will result in the loss of privileges such as the ability to make campus reservations, promote events on campus, receive allocated funding, and receive allocated storage space.
- Opens: April 18, 2018
- Deadline to submit registration: June 30, 2018
Organizations re-registering after the June 30 deadline will experience a loss of privileges while they remain unregistered.
If your organization registered for the 2017-2018 academic year and did not submit a re-registration form by August 3, 2018, your organization has been "frozen." To re-register, please contact the Center for Student Activities & Involvement.
The following steps must be completed by the student who will be 2018-19 Primary Contact of your organization (i.e.: President, Chief Officer, etc.).
Step 1: Update Primary Contact
Only the Primary Contact (i.e.: President, Chief Officer, etc.) listed on the Involvement Network may submit registration on behalf of a student organization. If you need to update your organization’s primary contact, please either follow these steps or submit the Primary Contact Change Form prior to beginning the registration process. If your primary contact is the same person from 2018-2019, and is listed correctly on your Involvement Network page, you do not need to submit the form.
Step 2: Complete Online Training
Primary Contacts must complete all required training by watching the training video and completing the corresponding training quizzes with 100% correct answers. Registration will be denied for organizations whose primary contact has not completed the mandatory training modules with 100% correct answers. If you have issues accessing the training modules, we recommend clearing your browsing history and deleting cookies.
Step 3: Gather & Update Information
It is recommended that you gather the following pieces of information in order to complete the annual registration process:
- Organization constitution titled, “[Organization Name] Constitution 2018-2019”
- Roster of at least six UGA student members and their UGA email addresses. You can confirm a student's UGA email address by searching the UGA Directory. Note: This information is used to populate the members eligible to make campus reservations on behalf of your organization.
- Up-to-date information about your organization (meeting time, financial commitment, etc.)
- Approval Form for the use of University of Georgia Trademarks and Logos in organization name and/or profile image.
A more extensive list of required registration information is outlined below.
Step 4: Submit the Re-registration Form
Once you are listed as the Primary Contact for your organization, re-registration can be accessed by following these steps.
- Log in to the Involvement Network (involve.uga.edu) with your UGA MyID and password.
- Select the "Manage" icon from the top, right menu. This will take you to the "Action Center" where you'll see your memberships.
- Select the “Register an Organization” button.
- Search for the organization you are registering and select the blue “Re-Register” button.
Required Registration Information
- Official name and acronym (if applicable). Student organization names may not begin with “The” or “UGA.” Organizations with University trademarks in the name must upload approval for the use of trademarks within the registration form.
- Organization description & organization description summary
- Organization contact information. Under "Street Address," ensure that you list an on-campus address where you can receive mail. If you don't have an on-campus address, you may request a mailbox by listing the address as "102 Tate Student Center, Athens, GA, 30602"
- Primary contact information including UGA email address. This should be the individual who completes the required training and is currently listed as the Primary Contact for the organization.
- General information includes meeting day and time, number of members, number of leadership positions, signature events, and financial obligations of membership.
- Profile picture for the Involvement Network. Profile pictures including University trademarks must upload approval for the use of trademarks in their profile picture.
- Organizations may select between 2-5 organizational interests.
- Organizations must select “All Student Organizations” and may select up to three additional organization categories. This information is used in the search function of the Involvement Network.
- Organization roster must include at least six UGA student members and their UGA email addresses. The secondary and tertiary contacts should be officers of the organization. Officers must be students enrolled full-time at UGA.
- Graduating and inactive members should be removed from the roster. Rosters are used to populate members eligible to make campus reservations on behalf of the organization.
- Advisor information is only required if the organization has an advisor.
- Constitution articles indicate the location of required components of your organization’s constitution. This includes the non-discrimination clause, elections procedure, officer removal procedure, quorum, and amendments procedure. Click here to view a sample constitution.
- Upload your organization’s constitution titled, “[Organization Name] Constitution 2018-2019.”
- Be sure to click “Submit” on the final page of the form
- Please read any and all e-mails regarding your registration carefully, as changes may be requested.
- You can check your organization’s status by clicking your name (located in the upper right-hand corner of the Involvement Network homepage), choosing "Involvement" on the drop-down menu, and selecting “Submissions” then “Organization Registrations”
- Registration for the 2018-2019 academic year is not approved until all required registration information is received and an approval letter is sent via the Involvement Network.
- You can find Involvement Network guides on the Resources page.